In re Marriage of Walje (Kansas 1994)

877 P.2d 7, 19 Kan.App.2d 809 (Kan.App. 1994)
June 1994

In order to be excused from paying assigned child support to the state child support enforcement agency, the obligated spouse must “fully comply” with the support decree. Where support is paid directly to custodial parent, rather than through the channels specified in the support order, the non-custodial parent who has not fully complied with the support order and will be found to be in arrearages.

In re Marriage of Walje.pdf